Last Revised: April 22, 2021
This Policy describes:
- The types of information we collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website available at: http://www.babcox.com/ as well as any websites and blogs directly owned by the Company, such as the websites of all of our brands (collectively, our “Website”), and any related data, accounts, profiles, forms and all content provided therein for the purposes of providing our products and software (such as but not limited to, magazines, eNewsletters, webinars, and surveys) through the Website (the “Services”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect on our Website and Services or in emails and other electronic messages between you and our Website and Services, and information gathered when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites if such advertisements include links to this Policy. This Policy applies to your use as a visitor of the Website and as a user, reader or participant of the Services, including as an employee of our Clients (as defined below).
This Policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party that does not have this Policy linked at the bottom of the webpage, or information collected by any third party through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website and Services (for further information, see below, “Third-party Websites”).
Use of the Services and any user information associated with those Services may also be subject to the terms of separate written agreements between the Company and its clients (“Clients”). Clients are generally businesses using our Services to promote or advertise their products. However, you, a user or reader of our Services, may also be a Client. When applicable, this Policy may be superseded by specific terms in the aforementioned written agreements between the Company and its Clients. If you use any materials from the Services, you agree to be bound by the aforementioned written agreements as well as any posted guidelines and policies related to the materials you wish to use, as applicable. If you do not agree to the terms of such applicable agreements, you will not be able to use the Services.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then please do not use our Website or Services. By using our Website or Services, you agree to the terms of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see below, “Changes to this Policy”). Your continued use of our Website or Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
What We Collect and How We Collect It
To ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience, we will store, use, and share information about you in accordance with this Policy.
Information You Provide to Us
Personal Information is any information that can be used to individually identify you from a larger group, such as data including, but not limited to, your:
- first and last name;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- mailing address;
- fax number;
- company name;
- company mailing address;
- job title;
- digital or electronic signature;
- resume; and
- comments or messages provided in free text boxes.
You may provide us Personal Information when you:
- subscribe to our magazines (either directly or through another company such as a subscription agency);
- sign up for email newsletters;
- enter a contest;
- participate in surveys;
- register yourself with the Website;
- participate in a webcast or webinar;
- submit a job application;
- sign up for any of our other Services by completing a form; or
- communicate with us, such as request information.
The information that you provide in each case will vary. In some cases, you may be able to provide Personal Information via email or free text boxes, such as contacting the Company to request further information. When providing your Personal Information, please provide only relevant information and do not provide unnecessary sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, credit card information or other sensitive personal data. Additionally, we may ask you to create a username and password that should only be known to you. When you provide this information to us, you are no longer anonymous. Moreover, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you have provided to us.
When you wish to subscribe to one of our Services, you will complete a subscription form. When you subscribe, you may provide Personal Information including, but not limited to, your first and last name, telephone number, email address, country that you are domiciled, postal address, the name of the company you are employed at, job title, company postal address, type of business you or the company conducts and some financial information (i.e. total yearly sales volume or cars sold, if company is a car dealership).
Occasionally, we may offer webinars on various subjects or topics. If you wish to participate in a webinar, you will complete a webinar registration form. When you register for a webinar, you may provide Personal Information including, but not limited to, your first and last name, telephone number, email address, country that you are domiciled, company name and job title.
On occasion, provided that you have opted-in, we may ask you to fill out a survey to get your input and feedback about our Services. Surveys are voluntary and it is your choice on what information is disclosed in the survey. We will use your answers to improve the Website and our Services.
Automated Information Collection
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our Website. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet address (IP Address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using the Website. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you may include:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your device’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use either (or both) of them:
- session cookies, which do not stay on your device after you close your browser, and
- persistent cookies, which remain on your device until you delete them or they expire.
We may use the following categories of cookies on our Website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have requested cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. One of our trusted third-parties, Omeda, provides performance cookies for our Websites. These cookies collect information on how you use our Website to help us understand how you arrive at our Website, browse or use our Website and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. Such information may also include what type of browser you are using, information about the device you are using, associated IP addresses, and more.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our Website, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Website more tailored to your preferences. The information in these cookies may be anonymized. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.